Week 9, Post 1 - Twitter

My new Twitter account can be found at https://twitter.com/MargaritaManSD or @MargaritaManSD.  I added the same profile picture to Twitter as I have on my Facebook page so people will recognize that it's the same business. 

First of all, I chose to follow all of the Twitter sites of my classmates who had posted their links.  I thought it would be great to increase their number of followers, and hopefully they'll choose to follow me in return.

I used the following key words to find business connections:  margarita man, margarita machine rental, san diego event planner, san diego wedding planner, san diego party rental, san diego taco catering

I chose to follow several businesses that I felt could be a good connection for Margarita Man San Diego.  They include @AshleysPartyRentals, @SDStyleWeddings, @SDWeddingParty, @VisitCarlsbad, @socal_events, @BestBarMitzvah, @TacoGurus, @MamaLikes2Party, @ModernTimesBeer

The two lists I created on Twitter are:
1. San Diego Event Planners - added 8 members
2. San Diego Party Rentals - added 6 members

I think that creating lists on Twitter will help me stay focused on my target market.  I can create posts that have keywords that would interest/attract potential customers or leads.  Connecting with local party/wedding planners and party rental businesses will lead to future business as they refer their clients to Margarita Man San Diego.  I already have a handful of businesses that recommend me to their clients.  I would like to expand on that to generate more business, and therefore, more profit.

I believe that posting in the early evening would be most effective for my business.  People who are planning a wedding or other event tend to do their research in the evenings and on the weekends.  If I can time my posts correctly, I think I will be able to reach more potential customers and make them feel like they "need" a margarita machine at their event. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Planning Your Future Strategy

Week 3, Part 1 - Communicating with Businesses on Social Media

Week 10, Post 1 - Adding Human Interest to a Post