Week 8, Post 1 - Widely Used Visual Platforms


I think Facebook would work the best visual platform for my business. Consumers search Facebook for businesses and can find information regarding the products or services they’re interested in.  Facebook allows consumers to engage via messenger, email, and phone for quicker response to their inquiries. I receive alerts when customers engage via Facebook.  This allows me to have a quick response time which people seem to really appreciate.  This is especially important for the younger generations that value instant gratification. 
My target market consists of middle-upper-class 25-65 year old people who enjoy drinking alcohol and hosting parties.  According to Pew Research Center, approximately 80% of people between the ages 25 and 49 use Facebook.  55% of people 50 and older use Facebook.1  This is a huge amount of people utilizing Facebook for both social and business purposes. Utilizing this social media platform can be useful to build brand awareness and generate leads.
I determined that YouTube would not be a useful visual platform for my business due to the average age of its users (16-24)2 and the lack of content ideas for videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Planning Your Future Strategy

Week 3, Part 1 - Communicating with Businesses on Social Media

Week 10, Post 1 - Adding Human Interest to a Post