Week 13, Part 2 - Online Advertising

The implementation of sponsored Facebook ads/posts and boosted posts has opened the doors to small businesses that don't have much of an advertising budget.  Businesses are in control of their marketing budget and schedule.  They can choose to design and implement their ads on their own or hire a person/agency to promote their business. They can also determine the number of days they'd like to run the ad, as well as the maximum they'd like to spend.

I've boosted Facebook posts to advertise my business on a number of occasions.  I've noticed that if I put some thought into the design and wording, I tend to see more engagement.  If I just throw something together quickly, I see very little engagement because the ad wasn't well thought out and the design/graphics/photos were lacking appeal.

With a previous business, I dabbled in banner ads.  The same amount of thought and creativity should go into a Facebook ad as does a banner ad.  Well, any ad for that matter.  If you're going to invest money, whether a little or a lot, it's wise to spend some time planning your ad campaign so as to maximize exposure and ROI.

I find that posting once a week, boosting a Facebook ad no more than once a month, is a sufficient amount for my business.  There aren't a lot of announcements or promotions to justify posting daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Planning Your Future Strategy

Week 10, Post 1 - Adding Human Interest to a Post

Week 3, Part 1 - Communicating with Businesses on Social Media