Week 1A: My Template

As a small business owner, I recognize the importance of social media to boost sales and build brand awareness.  I rent frozen beverage machines so the majority of my customers are hosting a party or event.  Customers or margarita connoisseurs should feel like the blogger is interested in their overall experience.

My website has bright colors and a fun, welcoming feel to it.  I chose this template because it allowed me to add a colorful photo at the top of the page, which also ties in to my business website.  The lime green colored band on the bottom of the page is bright but not overwhelming.  In addition, many margaritas are served with a lime so I felt the color was perfect!

Easy navigation is important in all types of social media.  If the customer/contributor is not able to navigate easily through the site, they will, most likely, get frustrated and leave.  I chose this template because it has a very clean look and should be easy to navigate. 

As a former web designer, I understand the importance of selecting a font that is easy to read.  There should be plenty of contrast between the color of the font and the background.  I selected a nice sans serif font in a mid-dark gray color to allow for this contrast.  I feel it is pleasing to the eye and easy to read.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Planning Your Future Strategy

Week 3, Part 1 - Communicating with Businesses on Social Media

Week 10, Post 1 - Adding Human Interest to a Post